Technical Writer ( R-00074730 )
Leidos is actively interviewing for a Technical Writer to join our team in San Diego.
The candidate will be responsible for developing Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and technical documentation in accordance with current Navy standards. The candidate shall research and obtain available commercial manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required, to develop or revise existing class 2 and class 3 IETM’s in digital data format. The source format shall include XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files. IETMs shall comply with Department of the Navy policy on digital product technical data, be compliant with the Advanced Technical Information Support System (ATIS) and the Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS). Other responsibilities include providing feedback on technical documentation, maintaining checklists, and providing critical subject matter expertise support during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
In this role you will be working in an integrated System Engineering team with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and concise
If you like doing these tasks you will love this job:
- Research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include system operator guides, help guides, user manuals, and training guides, technical manuals, design specification documents, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system.
- Draft technical documentation templates.
- Learn the target software and project documentation process and apply your technical writing expertise.
- Interact with both professional and Navy personnel with ability to take and implement direction; work with the test, software, infrastructure, and training teams to assist in document preparation.
- Position requires DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI; candidates without clearance cannot be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 4 to 8 years of professional experience; or equivalent experience and combined education.
- Experience in the development, writing, formatting, editing, and proofreading of military technical documentation such as system administration manuals, maintenance procedures, standard operational procedures, and architectural overviews.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Word functionality and styles.
- Strong formatting skills with the ability to develop and implement style guides and templates.
- Meticulous attention to detail.