Technical Writer ( R-00074782 )
DescriptionJob Description:Job Description
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Technical Writer to support the WarFighter Readiness Program located at Fort Gordon, Georgia.
Candidate will work with subject-matter experts to gather information, identify relevant data and audiences, and write documents that are clear and user friendly. The Tech Writer will be responsible for providing input to the Technical Manual packages geared toward the efficiency of installation and integration procedures at each of the five Regional Hub Nodes throughout the world and Signal Modernization projects. Responsible for reviewing, designing, revising, developing and maintaining all Training Material, Lesson Plans, and Course Outlines.
- Bachelors Degree and 4 years of experience with technical writing. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Candidate should possess outstanding technical skills and be skilled with formatting large content documents.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Frame Maker
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to work with of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to produce training material as required per system in an office or field environment.
- Familiarization with developing lesson plans using the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) process and consists of Terminal Learning Objectives (TLO), Enabling Learning Objectives (ELOs), Learning Step Activity (LSA), equipment requirements, instructor requirements, student handouts, media, and written practical exercises.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time