Head of User Experience Design
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Irvine CA, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
Visible is hiring a Lead for the UX Design Team - You are a passionate and inspirational leader - always driven to get the best possible from your teams and lead them to develop and grow. Your hands-on experience in creating awesome consumer-oriented holistic design and brand experiences throughout your career has helped shape your understanding of exactly what kind of support your team needs in order to over-deliver on their goals. You think in systems & frameworks and can see how all the parts fit together. You can tell when something is off pixel or principle. You let users lead the way. Over the years, you have gained mastery in data-informed product design and development. You create multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you. You have the mastery of craft to inspire the organization by showing or prototyping what is possible before it is built. You have a heart that bleeds for every customer’s experience.
- Lead the Visible UX Design Team to build our experience across multiple digital platforms, particularly web and app.
- Lead design across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches, through user-centered concept generation, flawless testing, and execution practices to ensure impact.
- Manage and execute day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring product goals are achieved.
- Set the vision for design systems, processes, and tools that empower our product designers, engineers to build high-quality, well-designed products consistently and efficiently.
- Drive the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- You will provide context, support, and guidance as your team works toward our objectives — you will inspire, not just direct.
- Foster a culture of design at Visible. Recruit and mentor new designers on the team.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (or related field) or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of leadership experience with a proven track record of leading a team through the lifecycle of multiple product launches.
- Six or more years of hands-on experience as a product designer with a portfolio demonstrating well exceptional and thorough end-to-end customer journeys, process, and leadership experience. Consumer products from inception to launch.
- Experience in a variety of Design Tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree.
- Exceptional cross-functional communication skills to ensure a razor-sharp clarity for the Design Team that is fully aligned with the Executive Leadership Team and Visible Roadmap.
- Experience working with direct-to-consumer products, consumer internet startups, and branding.
- Strong experience solving problems in an environment with multiple dependencies.
- Experience designing, implementing and evolving a design system for a digital product.
- A portfolio of strong interaction and visual product work.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate design decisions at all levels.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $121,000 and $225,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.