Windows Systems Administrator ( R-00076813 )
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Windows Systems Administrator?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has a potential upcoming opportunity for a Windows Systems Administrator located in Southwest Virginia.
We are searching for a Windows Systems Administrator who will build, configure, and maintain Windows servers (2008R2, 2012 and later) in support of multiple internal and external customers.
*This position has been opened to collect resumes of candidates for future/expected opportunities with 1901 Group and does not represent an active position at this time*
• Build, configure and maintain Windows servers (2008R2, 2012, and later) on physical and virtual hosts.
• Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and file/print.
• Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
• Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure servers and databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
• Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
• Communicate well with Executives, Managers, Peers and Customers.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life cycle.
• Troubleshoot end user incidents in depth to resolution and identify root cause.
• Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
• Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance prior to start
• Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of professional technical experience; equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
• Bringing 4+ years of experience in Windows System Administration
• Competent in essential administration concepts around Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, and later
• Experienced in Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, or Office 365
• Knowledgeable in scripting such as PowerShell
• US Citizenship required
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.