Windows Systems Administrator
The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Mid/Sr Windows Systems Administrator supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (Al), machine learning (ML) and cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence November 2023.
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next TS/SCI cleared Mid/Senior Windows Systems Administrator supporting DIA-NMEC under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Your job will be to bring together Windows systems administration, systems maintenance, and systems performance optimization. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate strong cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, production, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As an integral member of the team, you will work closely with other infrastructure, network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Perform builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022 and Windows 10/11 in virtual and physical environments to include base configuration, security and system patching.
- Provide O/S hardening and system patching via tools such as GPO, Chocolatey, and WSUS.
- Develop scripts to support patching, configuration, and other infrastructure team tasks
- Design, develop, and support scalable, redundant infrastructure to include physical and virtualized environments for Windows applications
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, install system wide software, validate and implement system patches, including critical security patches
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
You demonstrate clear devotion to the DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset and meet the following qualifications:
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience in system integrations testing through a full system development life cycle, including implementing test plans, test cases and test processes
- Working knowledge of COTS and FOSS storage solutions
- Working in an Agile project management environment
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits
- Expertise with Windows Server (2016, 2019, 2022) and Windows Desktop (10/11)
- Experience with Windows Patching and Package management
- Experience with Windows Server builds: virtual and physical
- Experience and strong understanding of Group Policy Objects, Active Directory, Windows PKI infrastructure, Storage, Remote Access Server, DNS, DHCP and User Profile Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have some of these:
- Knowledge of Atlassian software such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence
- Experience with data engineering tools such as Kubernetes/Rancher, Cloudera
- Experience with Configuration Management Chef and IaC tools such as Salt or Ansible
- Experience with scripting languages, CI/CD tools, Elasticsearch, or Gitlab
- Experience working in an air-gapped environments
- Experience working in large computing environments (> 1,000 end-points)
- Experience maintaining AI/ML environments (NVIDIA hardware and software)
- Experience maintaining large data (Petabyte) environments and storage solutions
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.