Windows Administrator ( R-00057951 )
The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Windows Administrator to support work in our Edgewood, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping an Army program. In this mission, we provide systems to Army Installations across the United States.
Responsible for performing as the lead for managing the process of building, integrating, testing, and coordination for Enterprise levels software applications supporting the deployment of systems to the individual Army installations. The responsibility includes taking direction and tasking from the Enterprise Software Applications Manager to implement the various software related configuration, build, remediation and deployment tasking’s.
Primary duties include:
- Being proficient about building, integrating and support deployment of systems being deployed to Army Installations.
- Provide support as a Help Desk Tier 2 SME when requested to resolve complex software and application issues in the filed or in the system lab.
- Responsible for the tracking of orders to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to Enterprise Software Application Manager and the DPM.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Monthly scheduling process enabled by the Master Scheduler.
- Provide updates to the Help Desk Tier 1 personnel on the status of trouble tickets that are assigned.
- Prepare/Provide information for and present at the monthly IPT program meetings with the Government.
- Generate various reports as needed.
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Requires a BS degree 8+ years of experience or a MS degree with 6+ years of experience to include experience and knowledge of large IT programs, managing technical teams, and customer care operations ability to work firsthand with customers. Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Requires the ability to travel to Army installations 10% of the time
- Requires the following experience & certifications:
- IAT level II certified, Security +CE
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- SQL Server Configuration 2014/2016/2017 not necessarily a DBA.
- Active Directory: users, groups, privileges, group policies, site configuration, etc.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TCPIP and fundamental networking
- Server Hardware Configuration
- Server Backup and Recovery procedures
- Patching, scanning and STIG compliance of servers
- CISSP Certified
- Windows Clustering
- Familiarity with Secure Host Baseline and Imaging
- Working knowledge/experience and hands-on experience with WSUS and/or SCCM, Virtualization VMWare or Cloud Computing.
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
These positions are “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Lakeside facility in Edgewood MD.External Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$2,000Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software SpecialistPay Range: