Logistics Senior Analyst - Consultant, Auditor (Hybrid or Remote) (2105777)
Logistics Senior Analyst - Consultant, Auditor (Hybrid or Remote) (Job Number: 2105777 )
Audit Services Senior Auditor Consultant - Penske Logistics
Penske’s Finance Rotational Development Program, Audit Services Senior Auditor Consultant - Logistics plays an important role in Penske Logistics (PL) corporate governance, internal control structure, risk management analysis, and financial reporting process. This role requires you to leverage and share your PL business and/ or logistics industry experience with the Audit Services team to advance their industry knowledge.
The Senior Auditor Consultant plays an active role throughout all stages of an audit, applying an analytical mindset to make a meaningful business impact. A Senior Auditor Consultant will demonstrate professional curiosity, a continuous improvement mindset, and the desire and aptitude to rapidly learn new skills. You can expect to gain and sharpen your skills to plan, design and conduct audits and reviews to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls. Individuals in this role are comfortable with changes in workload and focus of work and modify actions to suit business needs.
As a guide, the estimated timeframe you may have in your Finance Developmental Rotational Program Senior Auditor Consultant role will be two to three years, with potential Finance career advancement opportunities afterward. This developmental opportunity is managed from our Corporate Campus as a hybrid work environment with potential full-time remote flexibility. Therefore, relocation or on-site Corporate attendance may not be mandatory. A 100% remote full-time employee would be required to travel to the Corporate Campus as needed to participate in group updates and training.
- Shares PL business and/ or logistics industry knowledge with Audit Services and business teams.
- Leads audits and applies knowledge of Logistics operations, accounting principles and audit standards to audit initiatives.
- Supervises assigned staff auditors on project assignments and coordinates audit processes.
- Conducts and supports year-end financial statement analysis and external auditor efforts.
- Performs reviews for Sarbanes-Oxley, high risk areas, and fraud investigations.
- Uses diplomatic communications skills and transfers subject matter knowledge to others throughout the organization.
- Ensures audit plan execution and leads evaluation of audit findings, and report preparation.
- Oversees job administration of project setup, report writing, engagement documentation, periodic status reporting, etc.
- Performs individual job requirements using technology tools and resources (i.e. Oracle TM, JDA TM, RedPrairie WMS, Mercury Gate TMS/Brokerage, IDEA, AS400, Query, Access DB, and Savvion).
- Develops assigned staff professionally, to assist or serve as the “in-charge” for multiple and/or complex reviews.
- Leads and/ or participates in other projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation Management , Accounting, Finance, Analytics, or Economics required; Master's Degree preferred (May consider other degrees and certifications).
- Four years of logistics business operations, finance, accounting or analytical experience and/or training.
- Strong understanding of Penske Logistics and/ or logistics industry operations.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and audit standards that apply to audit initiatives.
- Understanding of financial accounting implications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Project management skills to complete projects with a reliable degree of accuracy, within scope and on time.
- Skill in the use of technology and resources to perform individual job requirements and to improve productivity Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and desire to learn & grow with the Company.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Relocation assistance may be available to the successful candidate.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Finance/Accounting
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Senior Auditor
Req ID: 2105777