Supply Chain Planning Forecast Analyst
Do you have innate problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to self-manage and an intellectual curiosity always leading you to continue to learn and advance?
Do you want to take those skills and passions and apply them to a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our Supply Chain Team at Ashley furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our large in-house Supply Chain team strives daily to take our multi-billion-dollar business to the next level!
Supply Chain Planning Forecast Analyst
What Will You Do?
The Forecast Analyst will forecast groups by product category. This position is responsible for an average amount of forecast dollars and/or records and has a significant financial impact on departments and the organization.
The Forecast Analyst is responsible for accurately forecasting product utilizing a statistical forecast system requiring strong mathematical skills. This position is also responsible for ensuring high customer satisfaction rates while maintaining adequate inventory levels at each distribution center location. The Forecast Analyst will use multiple methods and tools to evaluate past sales history, future customer demand, customer placements and seasonality trends.
This position will communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers to negotiate and make recommendations to fulfill customer demands while ensuring a reasonable inventory level plan.
The Forecast Analyst is accountable for meeting goals and objectives to maintain the company’s growth rate as well as evaluating processes for continual improvement.
- Analyze, update, and monitor the forecast for accuracy using a statistical forecast system and communicate changes to appropriate departments. Forecast groups by product category. Evaluate and monitor future orders versus forecast; make forecast changes when needed. Create and maintain product journals. Responsible for an average amount of forecast dollars and/or records.
- Independently make decisions to change and update forecasts and derived ratios by comparing future forecast to actual history, and percent of change in demand following standard operating procedures and established guidelines.
- Identify out-of-the-norm conditions on any product and communicate to management; make recommendations for solution.
- Evaluate inventory and the reliability of the supply chain flow for approval of Ad Notice, promotional requests and customer projections to ensure customer satisfaction and product availability. Enter additional demand into the statistical forecast system; closely monitor current and future inventory levels. Provide direction for expediting orders when necessary and ensure proper inventory levels are available.
- Identify planned drop items and/or groups; evaluate and make recommendation for best time frame for drop based upon remaining finished goods inventory, raw material inventory on hand and/or at vendor locations. Negotiate with Production, Purchasing and/or vendor regarding the final run dates and provide direction for expediting, deferring and/or cancelling orders when necessary and ensure proper inventory levels are available. Recommend excess inventory items to be added to the Hot Buys (could include current product); develop a plan and make recommendations for closing out remaining inventory; identify when a discontinued item should be coded as a liquidation item.
- Review inventory reports and make requests and recommendations to improve inventory levels; review selling ratios for balancing sets.
- Provide direction for expediting, deferring or cancelling orders for makes, buys or transfers, when necessary and ensure proper inventory levels are available.
- Contribute to the planning of long- and short-term business objectives; actively participate in product review meetings and Sales & Operations Planning (S & OP) meetings as required.
- Positively and professionally represent the company when handling complaints and resolving issues when product is in limited supply, customer orders are delayed or product is in excess.
- Update forecasting system for first availability dates on new product and/or product with availability issues.
- Create and maintain debit memos as needed for rework, liquidation, scrap and exportation.
- Monitor production capacity versus demand and on-time delivery utilizing various reports.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
- 1 year experience in supply chain fields, Preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Supply Chain System knowledge
- Document management system
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel; internet
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse, and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.