Buyer - Used Vehicles
Buyer - Used Vehicles (Job Number: 2300139 )
This position will coordinate the purchase and resale of new lease customers fleets by providing the lease sales representative with guidance on fair market value and the process to acquire the vehicles. They will be responsible for working with internal groups to complete the acquisition and disposal of the vehicles, ensuring P & L goals are met.
- Work with sales, field management, and remarketing to understand the needs, recommend on proper disposal channel and price vehicles
- Work with internal departments to execute the deal and purchase the vehicles, coordinate appraisals.
- Work with maintenance department to determine if needed repairs are completed internally or outsourced.
- Manage the remarketing of the purchased vehicles, list for sale, pricing, marketing and setting discounts
- Develop and run reports, analyze results of purchase and sell process, manage location P & L
- Identify and manage process improvement projects to improve the purchase/sell process and profitability.
- Interpret management policy in the acquisition and disposal of used vehicles from new lease customers.
- Make recommendations and give expert advice on the proper disposal of the units, pricing and discounts.
- Resolve complaints from the end-user if issues arise after resale by determining if the company covers the expense to make repairs or not.
- Other projects assigned by the manager.
- Knowledge of truck specifications required
- Used vehicle pricing required
- Used truck knowledge required
- Negotiation skills preferred
- Ability to manage a P & L preferred
- Analytical skills preferred
- Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access preferred
- AS400 navigation knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational skills required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :2561 Bernville Rd 2561 Bernville Rd
Reading, PA 19605
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Req ID: 2300139