ADS Student Driver Ambassador (78579)
A Student Driver Ambassador will have received training in a certified ELDT (Entry Level Driver Training) program to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) from an Ashley approved program. The trainee will then be enrolled in Ashley Distributions comprehensive nine week finishing course to obtain further experience to become a solo Class A Commercial Truck Driver.
This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Successfully complete Ashley’s 8 week finishing course.
2. Successfully pick up, deliver and transport delivery of goods
3. Drive and operate a combination of semi-tractor trailers that have a gross vehicle weight of more than 26,001 pounds and that require a Class A or Class B CDL license
4. Understand proper handeling procedures of product and cargo securment.
5. Perform complete pre and post trip inspections of the assigned vehicle(s) in accordance with company policy.
6. Safely operate a commercial truck and operate on-board computer systems.
7. Understand and manage DOT (Division of Transportation) hours of service expectations
8. Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
9. Ability to communicate effectively with trainer, and operations management
10. Ability to effectively manage the assigned trips, utilizing information suchas but not limited to; weather, fueling, hours of service, customers hours, traffic patterns, etc.
11. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Secondary Job Functions
This section describes the secondary responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Maintain reliable attendance.
2. Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
3. Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
Who Are We?
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.