Shuttle Bus Driver (CDL) Vienna (Part Time) $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Sunik is looking for on-call Shuttle Bus Drivers to join our team. Apply today!
The Shuttle Driver drives a 40 passenger or 22 passenger bus to transport clients, trainees, or company personnel; drives along a defined route according to assigned schedule. This driver may assist disabled passengers into and out of vehicle, secure passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip; may operate radio or similar device to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report disruption of service, clean and/or service vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories, keep records of trips and/or behavior of passengers, and perform other duties when not driving such as, custodial and building maintenance tasks.
Customer Service, shuttle bus drivers must have exceptional customer service skills. They must be polite and professional, and make sure passengers are satisfied with their ride.
- Shuttle drivers must arrive to work on time, drive their vehicles following a set schedule or route.
- Drivers must have the stamina to sit for several hours at a time, and the hand-eye coordination to operate their vehicles while watching their surroundings.
- Ensure that passengers are safely loaded and unloaded from their buses.
- Ability to read street maps, understanding their route by studying maps if necessary.
- Must maintain contact with the dispatcher and keep track of passenger pickups and drop-offs as necessary for log count.
- Verify the necessary supplies at the start of each shift.
- Perform vehicle inspections, including maintaining a clean bus and fueling as needed.
- Completing both pre and post shift paperwork including inspection and maintenance review.
- Assist with the maintenance and appearance of shuttle bus and report any malfunctions or safety hazards to direct supervisor.
- Safely transport customers to the company approved destination.
- Safely operate a 40-passenger bus or 40-foot motor vehicle in high traffic urban setting.
- Safely Operate ADA lift and assist passengers requiring assistance.
- Work a shift Monday through Friday.
- Provide the company’s standards of service with each customer including maintaining the required uniform appearance, stating the company greeting, answering questions, resolving.
- Other special projects as assigned by location management.
- High School degree required.
- Flexible schedules are available!
- CDL (A,B,C) license with passenger endorsement, 2 years of CDL driving experience CDL (A,B,C).
- P -Endorsement.
- Have a Valid DOT Medical Examination Card.
- Pass a DOT pre-employment drug test and be subject to random tests thereafter.
- US Citizen with the able to pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
- Preferred - Minimum two years of prior experience driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) transporting passengers in a professional capacity with a clean driving record.
- Ability to read and comprehend verbal instructions and written correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and through written correspondence.
- Ability to provide customer resolution in a professional and friendly manner.
- $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AFO00113