Bus Driver - $1,000 Sign On Bonus! $250 Referral Bonus!
Work Where it Matters
Akima Support Operations (ASO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ASO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ASO delivers comprehensive services for facilities, maintenance, and repair and critical services required to operate and sustain facilities and equipment of all sizes.
As an ASO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Support Operations is currently seeking a Bus Driver to support Eagle LSS in Fort Hood, TX
- Referring candidate bonus - $250 referral bonus issued after the new hire works for 3 months.
- New Hire Sign on bonus - $1000 total bonus issued - ($250 issued after 3 months, $250 after 6 months, final $500 paid after 1 year)
- The Bus Driver drives bus to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule, assists passengers with baggage and collects tickets or cash fares, regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort, complies with local traffic regulations, and reports delays or accidents.
- The Bus Driver records cash receipts and ticket fares, may make repairs and change tires, may inspect bus and check gas, oil, and water before departure, load or unload baggage or express checked by passengers in baggage compartment; transports pupils between pickup points and school, and may drive diesel or electric powered transit bus to transport passengers over established city route.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger (P) endorsement
- Valid and current medical card
- 4 years bus driving experience
- Ability to pass Pre-Employment Drug Test and Background Screening
- Ability to receive a favorable TIER-1 investigation and obtain a CAC
- High School Diploma / GED
- U.S. Army 88M series MOS qualification or civilian equivalent
- Physical requirements include (but are not limited to) the ability to lift 60 pounds, pushing, pulling, carrying, stooping, bending, squatting, and reaching.
- Work environment includes periodic overtime, exposure to heat, dust, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly Compensation: $19.10 Plus $4.41 H&W
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Clearance: Not Applicable
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASO02339