IT Program Manager - Supply Chain (37545)
Are you a technology buff with a strong understanding of data who can think outside the box?
Does the thought of taking a company into the Industry 4.0 revolution get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a world-class organization?
Then apply today to our IT team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
Our IT team combines a highly skilled workforce, the most advanced equipment available, and incredible computer optimization to create one of the most agile operations in the industry!
IT Program Manager – Supply Chain
What Will You Do?
The Program Manager is a servant leader for a set of workstreams within a portfolio. Primary responsibilities are to facilitate events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value. This role involves onboarding, coordination, communication, and execution of complex, strategic technology initiatives using agile and/or waterfall methodologies. This position is responsible for senior executive engagement reporting on the state and performance of initiatives, escalating impediments, helping to manage risk and dependencies, and drive relentless improvement.
The Program Manager will have a deep understanding of Agile methodologies, partnering with the Agile Center of Excellence and Product Managers/Owners to implement best practices, standards, guidance, and performance metrics for Agile Program Management.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the portfolio and teams.
- Work with Product Management and Product Owners and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Assist in the facilitation of program level events and processes.
- Responsible for “end-to-end” management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex IT projects.
- Utilize Program Management methodology and standards in accordance to corporate standards across the department.
- Work with stakeholders to define program objectives.
- Set clear expectations regarding artifacts, meetings, reporting and communication.
- Assist in the analysis of project risks, issues, costs, and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose changes where needed.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
- Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on budget.
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for the flawless execution of the program.
- Escalate and manage risks, issues, and dependencies, understanding the relationships and impacts of initiatives across portfolios and program teams.
- Ensure change management procedures and documentation practices are upheld as needed.
- Manages and communicates program status, timelines, financials and outcomes with stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure smooth transition of projects into operational environment for continued serviceability.
- Measure success factors to ensure project objectives and deliverables were met.
- Encourage collaboration between teams.
- Drive relentless improvement.
- Foster communities of practice.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets to ensure they are sustained and grown.
- Collaborate with and mentor product owners, as needed, to refine product backlogs and plan releases that meet business objectives.
- Assist in the development and training of corporate program management standards and processes.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
What Do You Need?
- 6 years of program or project management, Required
- PMP and/or PMI-ACP, preferred
- Scaled Agile Foundation (SAFe), nice to have
- Scrum Master, nice to have
- Proven experience delivering large complex projects and programs
- Proven experience with applying Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise of building consensus across business and technology leaders, and influencing successful outcomes
- Experience working in a highly matrixed work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Business, Project Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience, required
- Highly analytical with ability to establish processes that drive fact-based decision making
- Proactive desire to own and drive programs forward through measurable process, planning, and team engagement
- Advanced communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring and leadership skills
- In-depth understanding of portfolio and program budgets
- Strong presentation skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish trust and credibility at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.