Sr. Technical Project Manager (Networking and Infrastructure) (Penske Logistics)
Sr. Technical Project Manager (Networking and Infrastructure) (Penske Logistics) (Job Number: 2223511 )
Penske Logistics is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to be an integral part of the infrastructure team. This individual will work side by side with our infrastructure leadership, Network Engineers, application development teams, vendors and other Project Managers.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the networking technology area. Experience should include project managing the deployment of networking hardware and network connectivity to remote offices and other significant locations including manufacturing or warehouses.
This position will be responsible for both managing projects and resource managing work assignments to other project managers. This position is high visibility and is viewed by Penske to be a leadership position, so prior leadership experience is preferred.
This is a technical and leadership position, and you will frequently be able to make decisions on behalf of the organization. Within the company, there will be opportunities for advancement for a business-oriented technologist. If you want to work for an organization that values people, supports business growth, empowers you to make decisions, and provides variety in your daily deliverables and activities, you should apply for this position.
You will act as a Sr. Technical Project Manager working with the business to provide end to end project management guidance to facilitate the development and implementation of our products and services for internal and external customers.
What you will be doing:
As a Penske Sr. Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for IT project management for a variety of small-medium-large sized cross functional and interdepartmental projects. You will work closely with external customers, operations (internal and external), IT departments and project team throughout the full project lifecycle. There will be a heavy concentration of activities in the Networking area.
- Understand, support, apply, and maintain the Penske Project Management Methodology, documentation and tools.
- Full life cycle project management to include project initiation, planning, execution, controllership, and closing.
- Project Planning duties include discovery and framing of solutions, requirements gathering, and business case and charter development through understanding internal and external customer needs.
- Project requirements include working directly with IT and Business process owners to define the specific project requirements and deliverables.
- Work closely with engineers, designers, researchers, and product owners to distill technical requirements into easily actionable user stories or specifications.
- Acts as the project architect to ensure the various cross functional elements of the solution work effectively together.
- Development and management of work breakdown structure along with key milestone measurements and baseline delivery timelines. Efficiently planning for and prioritize needed resources based on deliverable dates, scope, and goals.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Effectively communicate the program status, scope changes, issues and risks to leadership.
- Responsible for the development project budget that captures all expenditures for the entire set of project resources within area of responsibility.
- Monitor all project activity, budget and resources to ensure the project remains on schedule, within budget, and that no rework will be required.
- Facilitate project working sessions, project update meetings and steering committee report outs
- Follow up on project related issues with responsible resources all the way through to resolution and holding all project related resources accountable to agreed upon deliverables.
- Monitoring risks and scoping creep on each project.
- Manage all project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders. Responsible for ongoing project status report outs, and project measurement systems.
- Set up & maintain the use of appropriate tools for project management documentation for effective tracking and facilitate sharing of project information.
- Effectively close projects down upon completion of final deployment and post deployment support.
- Complete project after action reviews to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Management role includes: Work with leadership to ensure project alignment to approved programs; Appropriately setting and managing client expectations through tactful negotiation and clear communication; Identify, analyze, and communicate project risks; Manage the expectation of stakeholders across the project; Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
- Mentor both IT and business associates on the Penske project management methodology and tools.
- Vendor sourcing activities, including the development of RFP’s, RFQ’s and RFI’s.
- Involvement in contract review sessions including master service agreements, subscription service agreements, statements of work and support agreements.
- Vendor management activities to support application development, contractor onboarding and SOW deliverable validation.
- Use knowledge of software engineering, IT concepts, and business acumen to guide cross-functional teams in the execution of technical proof-of-concepts.
- Prepare presentations, project documentation and reports to various partners.
- Manage the expectation of stakeholders across the project.
- Identification of process improvement opportunities.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support project KPI’s, metrics and findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of proven project management experience involving infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
- Completed project management training and in-process project management certifications.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Certified PMP and/or CSM preferred.
- Prior consulting and business solution experiences.
- Experience working as a liaison between customers, operations and technology.
- Full understanding implementation project lifecycle, methodologies and standards.
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues.
- Knowledge of technologies and how to apply them to develop a solution.
- Advanced understanding of technology (ie. OS layer, database layer, application layer, network, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of accounting practices, including capitalization, Accounts Payable and, appropriations Request.
- Thorough understanding of the different types of vendor legal agreements.
- Proficient in the use of project management tools, Smartsheet, MS Project, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Demonstrate experience communicating with development teams using web technologies.
- Experience working with remote teams across time zones and international boundaries.
- Strong command of the software development life cycle (SDLC), online collaboration tools, mainstream project management software, budget management, schedule management, change management process.
- Must be able to quickly learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South
America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading
companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation,
warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more. #DICE
Work Locations :3000 Auburn Dr 3000 Auburn Dr
Beachwood, OH 44122
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Beachwood
Job : Information Technology
Req ID: 2223511