Manager Supply Chain Optimization
Are you a strong negotiator with a keen attention to detail?
Does working with a global supply chain that blends and optimizes both domestic and foreign production efforts get you excited?
Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Supply Chain Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer! Ashley Furniture has one of the most sophisticated, efficient, and dynamic logistics systems in the world that directs every variable that goes into making and moving product.
Supply Chain Optimization Manager
What Will You Do?
The Supply Optimization Manager plays a vital role in the development and execution of ongoing supply chain network optimization and process improvements, resulting in a fast-paced, lean supply chain. This position requires a keen interest in global supply chain operations, manufacturing processes, supply chain optimization, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Ashley’s organizations and external supply partners. This individual will interact with key stakeholders across all levels and departments of the organization, thus requiring the ability to perform hands on operational tasks as well as effectively communicate long-term strategic solutions.
- Identify key opportunities to use and improve processes affecting the supply chain operation, including defining appropriate metrics, and leading process improvements and system initiatives
- Optimize inventory across areas of responsibility, balancing inventory costs against customer service levels
- Develop, execute, and implement projects and process improvements in the supply chain organization to drive continuous improvement to current excellence standards across the organization
- Analyze abstract problems, identify root causes, develop solutions to problems and be able to present relevant information to a non-technical audience
- Design, improve and implement new processes in alignment with cross-functional stakeholders
- Act as the liaison for various internal supply chain automation and process optimization initiatives driven by team’s outside of the Supply Chain
- Document project approaches, timelines, milestones, and deliverables and present to project steering committee
- Collaborate with department managers to discuss new projects and system changes. Identify areas of improvement; address concerns and issues as they arise; and contribute to the planning of short and long-term business objectives.
- Work with external trading partners and third-party vendors to identify areas of improvement and develop solutions for system enhancements; support users through their system transitions and beyond if needed
- Independently handle multiple projects at a time meeting objectives and deadlines
What You Need?
- 5 years' experience in Supply Chain Operations, Analytics, Planning, Buying, and/or Inventory Planning
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience producing, interpreting, and communicating forecasts, budgets, and variance analyses
- Experience with Supply Chain in Transportation or Fleet Management preferred
- Advanced Excel modeling skills are a must
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and influence at all organizational levels
- Highly analytical and detail-minded
- Willingness to travel 25% of time
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Business or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
What We Offer:
- Excellent Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Profit sharing eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Great opportunities for career growth
- Flexible Spending Account
- Corporate partnership - Discount programs
- Furniture Discounts
- We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only