Logistics Services Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a Logistics Manager you will provide complex specialized support enabling Supply Chain Management to stage and manage data needed to perform advanced analysis as well as managing relationships with data owners. You will be a SME of the supply chain data, SAP, and practices needed to perform in-depth complex forensics studies of the relationship between Reverse Supply Chain Operations and our 3PL. You will be required to review current processes and provide solutions to enhance/optimize all processes under their scope to drive towards time and spend reductions for the operations at the Centralized Returns Testing Center (CRTC).
This position includes project management and operational elements. It involves working as the CRTC SAP SME as it relates to the development of reporting and system enhancements, creating distribution paths and establishing channels for ongoing feedback and improvement.
You will be responsible for monitoring operational and financial data, identifying high variances or exposure areas, explaining actual variances to plan, or trend, producing regular readouts to senior leadership. Based on the data you will proactively design, implement, and execute the required systemic and operational changes to address negative trends and exposure areas.
- Utilizing the knowledge of sales, customer care, retail supply chain, inventory, billing, engineering, and network data points to develop creative solutions to meet the challenges in the dynamic wireless technology realm.
- Leading the development of new data-based solutions to meet the department's financial goals and provide solution/resolution to complex business issues that impact CRTC metrics while being innovative, results-driven, and a team player.
- Developing reliable and efficient methodologies in an effort to automate/streamline business decision making. Liaising with IT and 3PL, designing, implementing, and testing solutions developed by utilizing established system standards/procedures.
- Overseeing data integrity for source data and team production. Enhancing the culture to execute analytics in a best-in-class analytics team to enable a data-driven organization to achieve SCM's profitability enhancement and improved customer experience.
- Working closely with senior management to understand all key metrics and their relationship to business processes and controls. Defining and prioritizing SAP enhancement requests into projects and establishing scope, timeline, and resources to successfully meet commitments. Obtaining SAP project requests from senior management, determining feasibility then designing, developing, and delivering on those commitments.
- Proactively identifying key business issues and drivers and obtaining substantive analysis to support recommendations.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- SAP experience.
- Project management experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, or Supply Chain.
- Experience in supply chain management.
- Experience overseeing and managing inventory improvement initiatives with a focus on reverse operations.
- Project Management certification.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification.
- Wireless industry experience with knowledge of OEMs, devices, processes, and policies.
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills in order to lead cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of supply chain key business drivers, processes, and quality management.
- Strong track record of identifying and delivering creative opportunities to achieve business organization goals.
- Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent program management skills with an emphasis on analytics and metric development.
- Superior planning, quantitative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Strong technical and business background.
- Ability to establish measurement and feedback systems, acting as a catalyst for change, and the ability to implement and monitor overall project plans for alliances with other departments, customers, and vendors.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- The ability to manage implementations and programs post-implementation, as well as support future changes to business processes and procedures.
- The ability to derive process and map flows, suggest improvements, and implement new process designs, including addressing operational and systemic issues with the 3PL and to conceptualize.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.