Transportation and Logistics Deputy Manager ( R-00053333 )
***This position is based in Centennial, CO and temporarily allows for telework. Post COVID-19 restrictions this position could possibly remain telework with travel to the office, will be reassessed at that time.***
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Transportation and Logistics Deputy Manager that will be responsible for the direct oversight, planning and management of ASC (Antarctic Support Contract) logistics activities USAP (United States Antarctic Program)-wide to ensure compliance with applicable laws and standards to include commercial surface and air shipments, materials receipt, packaging/forwarding, and deployed station operations. The Deputy Manager is also responsible for seasonal planning and support; determining logistics requirements for the annual program plan; standardizing operations between Continental and Peninsula Areas; tactical execution of annual plans and preparing periodic business reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Acts as the alternate to the Transportation and Logistics Manager as directed and as required. Works seamlessly within the ASC and USAP participant organizations; e.g., ASC top level leadership, NSF Activity Based Managers, and throughout the other levels of ASC.
- Daily support of logistics activities and operations of departments deployed. These activities include inventory management, transportation and warehousing.
- Supervision and development of four to seven T&L functional managers and professionals.
- Oversees the seasonal planning and supports the tactical execution for all T&L departments. These include Supply Operations, Materials Management, Antarctic Terminal Operations, South Pole Logistics, Port Hueneme Operations and Peninsula Area Logistics.
- Standardizes logistics operations between the Continental and Peninsula Areas.
- Prepares reports such as weekly and monthly business reports.
- Performs business case analysis, promotes safe operations, writes performance appraisals, oversees the development and execution of division metrics, ensures compliance with ISO 9001 Standards and ensures integration of logistics functions with other divisions and/or USAP participants.
- Handles confidential matters in accordance with management policy.
- Communicates professionally and respectfully, both orally and in writing, internal and external to the company.
- Interacts with the National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with an emphasis in Logistics and Supply Chain. Equivalent relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of management experience in logistics operations, including inventory, air/sea transportation, remote site logistical support.
- Experience with automated data processing systems as applied to logistics functions
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residence is required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.