**$5,000 SIGNING BONUS** Train Conductor - Noyes, MN (93965)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Compensation Rate: [[compensation]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Qualified conductors earn approximately $99,000 annually, with the ability to make up to $140,000.
We are offering a $5,000 Signing Bonus
- $1,000 after completing the first two weeks of classroom training
- $4,000 after 6 months of employment
**We are currently collecting resumes for current and future openings in 2022**
Conductor Training Class - No Experience Required!
This is an exciting opportunity to join CP in an entry level Railroading position, where no previous railroad experience is required. We provide 16 weeks of paid training to become a qualified conductor, which starts at $36.90/hour! Other exciting benefits you can expect are a comprehensive Railroad Retirement Plan, 401k Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement Program and more! Visit https://www.cpconductor.rjp.cdglhosting.com/ to take a realistic job preview questionnaire to see if this position would be a good fit for you. Also visit https://youtu.be/xPicGGCzbQA to view a 3.5 minute video on what a CP Conductor career is like, from an employee’s perspective!
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Oversee the safe operation of trains and help ensure that the trains reach their destinations in a timely and efficient manner. Vital role in helping CP achieve its objectives.
- Inspection of freight cars, coupling air hoses and performing airbrake tests, replacing broken air hoses and gaskets, replacing missing or broken knuckles, adjusting drawbars, coupling and uncoupling cars and locomotives, climbing and hanging on ladders on the sides of cars to apply and release hand brakes;
- Give, receive, and interpret hand signals.
- Read and interpret track flags, block and interlocking and other fixed signals;
- Have a thorough understanding of and follow General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR), Soo Line Railroad System Timetable/Special Instructions, General Orders and Bulletins as they pertain to the safe movement of trains, goods, and hazardous materials, ensuring the safety of CP employees and the general public;
- Apply corresponding Rules/Special Instructions of foreign railroads, where applicable;
- Complete documentation as required and must ensure all departure and arrival procedures are carried out to standard;
- Plan and perform setouts and pickups, switching and service of on line industries;
- Must be able to handle emergency situations and operate fire extinguishers as well as be able to apply first aid techniques;
- Must safely and efficiently perform all other duties as required.
- PRIOR RAILROAD EXPERIENCE IS NOT REQUIRED. WE OFFER A PAID TRAINING PROGRAM;
- Must be available for call 24 hours per day;
- Work schedules are irregular and are determined by the rotation of the extra board including weekends and holidays;
- Work performed may be for periods of time up to 12 hours long;
- Must respond to and be at the designated work site within two hours of receiving a call;
- Must be able to work outdoors, in all types of weather conditions;
- Walking distances on railroad roadbeds;
- Must be able to recognize and distinguish between the colors of signals, signs, and other visual displays;
- Must be able to judge the speed and/or distance of moving objects at near or far distances;
- You should consider the long-term effect of the above lifestyle on your personal and/or domestic situation;
- Must pass a written examination prior to completing the training;
- Must possess good communication skills, work efficiently with minimum supervision;
- MUST BE ABLE TO CROSS THE BORDER FOR WORK PURPOSES:
- Required to accept mandatory promotion to locomotive engineer and attend Student Engineer Training. This can occur any time after 1 year of train service experience.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.