Supervisor Track Inspection - Taber
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Supervisor Track Inspection you will ensure safe, reliable track infrastructure and cost effective engineering services on the geographic territory to permit the safe and efficient train operations.
- Ensure the application of CP safety practices, policies and procedures by unionized employees;
- Deliver regulatory compliance for respective geographic territory as required under regulation to ensure safe, compliant infrastructure is maintained;
- Inspect track at required intervals and maintains proper records of the inspections; notes and tracks corrective actions for exceptions;
- Set work priorities and objectives on a daily basis and makes recommendations to the Roadmaster;
- Ensure that all maintenance performed on the assigned territory complies with current standards; confirms that track is safe for authorized train speeds or protected accordingly; organizes and supervises the selective renewal of various track components;
- Provide on-call support and response on a rotating cycle for incidents and emergencies to support 24/7 operation;
- Execute work in a manner consistent with the labour agreement track.
- Minimum of six years of continued progress and proven record in track work, which includes at least two of the following:
- Five years working in Basic Track Maintenance, preferably as a Track Maintenance Foreman;
- Two years’ work in Basic Track Maintenance in a main terminal area;
- Two years working as Supervisor or Foreman of a large work crew;
- One or two years as a Machine Operator on various track machines would be beneficial;
- Must have a valid drivers licence;
- Demonstrates capability to understand and apply relevant track standards and practice circulars;
- Demonstrates the ability to work safely; has a clean safety/performance record;
- People leadership.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Driver’s license verification
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate, the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments.All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").