Logistics Supervisor - 1st
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Logistics Supervisor. This position is based at our Richmond, VA facility.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $80,250 - $117,700 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for ensuring effective on-time receipt and shipment of all material through management of shipping / final assembly personnel, proactive communications with internal / external partners, strategic planning / forecasting of expected demand and associated logistics needs, alignment with production schedules for assigned locations, metric tracking for the area, lean process improvements in shipping operations, and liaising between division and local site resources.
In this function you will:
- Drive a Zero Incident Safety Culture. Align department requirements with Eaton’s Quality Management System. Manage shipping and final assembly department operations and prioritize production requirements to meet on-time delivery for our customers.
- Lead two teams across two different plants ranging from five (5) to ten (10) employees each.
- Promote a team environment and develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets and other cross-training opportunities. You will facilitate cooperation across shifts and among other department supervisors.
- Lead daily accountability meetings with a cross-functional team focused on departmental performance and issue resolution (Tier, GEMBA). Lead daily team standup meetings to communicate safety topics, department or plant-wide activities, business updates and policy/procedural changes as needed.
- Assist Management Team in determining personnel requirements, provide necessary training resources for new employees, and facilitate the job bidding process. Monitor and provide employee coaching with respect to safety, quality, and productivity performance (attendance, training, coaching, overtime, vacation requests etc.).
- Arrange and prepare documentation for customs and brokers for international shipments.
- Collaborate effectively between internal and external parties regarding shipment dates, times and other logistics needs.
- Ensure completion of shipping daily standard work for all shipping areas (preparation / printing of labels, shipping checklist, appropriate system transactions, verification for barcode labeling, sales order preparation, physical counts, staging, risk mitigation, MSOs, waybills)
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution OR in lieu of degree, four (4) years minimum experience working in a warehouse / logistics or supply chain role in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum two (2) years working as a supervisor.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Richmond, VA. will be considered. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution
- One (1) year of experience in Materials Planning, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations within manufacturing preferred
- Experience with MRP/ERP/WMS systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self starter and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others
- Ability to lead and manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
- Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level executive team
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven experience in process development, implementation and sustainability
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.