Supervisor, Logistics (100317)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible to oversee the planning, organization, execution and implementation of all back-office logistic related processes and transactions as it relates primarily to the HVAC businesses as well as any other applicable areas and processes. This role is responsible for all activity and management of a one million and growing inventory value, as well as the processing of return credits valuing close to one million dollars. The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for any direct reports to ensure satisfactory productivity for all aspects of work including accuracy and timeliness, as well as individual performance with established workload KPI’s. This role is also responsible for employee engagement of personnel and succession planning. This role will also be responsible to establish and ensure all key training that may be needed and implement for all roles within in their direct supervision, as well as all performance evaluations, hiring and terminations.Key Accountabilities
- Directs and manages the daily activity for all logistic functions, including timely and accurately processing of all workload transactions and responsibilities,
- Maintains accuracy and timeliness of all inventory transactions and physical movement of material from receipt to distribution.
- Maintains accuracy of inventory by cycle count, physical inventories, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure all related billing activity is adheres to established department and company.
- Ensure all processes supporting the HVAC businesses are processed and completed, including filing on supplier rebates, credits, permits, … etc.
- Develop and implement procedures, including ensure all training is completed for employees on all logistic processes.
- Establish, implement, and report on workload KPI’s.
- Actively participates in all aspects of continuous improvement activities involving logistic processes.
- Identify enhancement opportunities, suggest solutions for improvement and support implementation.
- Provide contributions in a lead role for any project planning, requirements identification, and complete end-to end testing through to implementation.
- Ensure all month end activity, including reporting and close activity within company’s current system application, for logistic processes are performed and completed accurately and timely.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with wide range of suppliers, employees, management, contractors, and other key stakeholders.
- Provides input for departmental budget and manages budgeted expenditures.
- Support the controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees, including developing growth opportunities.
- Performs all normal supervisory functions, to include hiring, training, appraisal, counseling, and discipline.
- Inventory management principles
- Supply chain standard practices and principles
- Ability to work in fast paced, quickly changing environment.
- Technical knowledge/understanding of facility related equipment
- Technical knowledge/understanding of office related equipment
- Time management skills
- Multi-task with the flexibility and ability to manage multiple priorities and ability to re-prioritize as needed
- Display a positive attitude and behavior in all aspects of working collaboratively with all areas of the business, including all levels of leadership and outside vendors,
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proactive thinking
- Well organized with strong attention to detail; effective written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Passionate about delivering consistent excellence.
- MS Office proficiency
- MS Office
- Power Point
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- 3+ years of supervising direct reports.
- 3+ years background of supervising daily operational tasks and reporting.
- 3+ years' experience in inventory management
- 2-year degree or related experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of supervising direct reports.
- 5+ years background of supervising daily operational tasks and reporting.
- 5+ years' experience in inventory management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Inventory Management Credentials (i.e., CPIM, CLTD, …etc.)
10 – 35%. The incumbent may be required to travel. Most travel will be locally for supplier returns and visits. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.Competencies Prioritizes & Role Models SafetySelf-AwarenessDevelops TalentPlans, Aligns, & DirectsDrives EngagementDecision Quality
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.