Vehicle Application Specialist
Vehicle Application Specialist (Job Number: 2208472 )
A Penske Vehicle Application Specialist will regularly work with OEM application engineers in configuring and building custom configurations that will meet customer expectations and legal requirements. Preferred candidates will have prior experience in vehicle specification engineering and design.
- Provide specifications to Sales to ensure vehicles are built correctly
- Ensure vehicles are built/spec'd properly with assistance from OEM's
- Assist with building base specifications for our basic fleet
- Assist with reviewing specifications on new models, makes etc. for accuracy, regulatory compliance and our standards
- Assist in pilot reviews
- Participate with sales and customers for specification reviews and needs, and make recommendations
- Support Field VP's of Maintenance with assistance for non-standard running cost and unique vehicles
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years of vehicle maintenance experience, preferable experience as a technician, service manager, or with vehicle specification
- 4 year degree required or a combination of education and related work history, preferable degree in mechanical or engineering
- Prior experience in root cause analysis and understanding design and issue resolution is highly preferred.
- Strong written/oral communication, analytical and conceptual skills and multi-tasking skills are required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Kachel Boulevard 100 Kachel Boulevard
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Other Corporate
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Vehicle Applications Specialist
Req ID: 2208472