Lead Logistics Specialist ( R-00056140 )
DescriptionJob Description:The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Supervisory Lead Logistics Specialist. This supervisory position is for a Lead Logistics Specialist who currently supports the Leidos contract for CECOM Force Modernization Division. This position will continue to execute a Lead Logistics Specialist position, but will also take on 1st level supervisory responsibilities for a local team.
This position will report to the Leidos Program Manager for the Warfighter Readiness task order and is responsible for planning, organizing and maintain a high level of technical and instructional expertise in the subject area assigned.
1st Line Supervisor:
- Conduct weekly Timecard review and approvals; conduct expense report review and approvals
- Perform personnel management functions conducting regular interaction/communication with direct reporting personnel to review/discuss technical performance, upcoming technical goals, and address technical issues
- Work with direct reports to establish annual Leidos goals, document performance, and conduct yearly evaluations supporting annual merit increases
- Provide support to the contract Hiring Manager, Deputy Program Manager, and Program Manager to provide input for new position requirements, technical evaluations, local onboarding, Performance Improvement Programs, Firing/Layoffs, promotion, and SPOT awards for direct reports
- Develop written updates as necessary to support Program Management reporting to the Government and internally to Leidos
- Participate in weekly/monthly Program Management status meetings; provide written updates to support Government and internal Leidos reporting
- Over the course of your first six months as a 1st line leader, complete the Manager Essentials Course for First Line Managers via the Virtual Courses on PRISM and Skillport
Logistics Specialist Support:
- Serves as a Logistics Specialist under minimal supervision for the Force Modernization Division (FMD) of CECOM concerning materiel management and logistics operations for property accountability, maintenance, supply (all classes).
- Coordinates logistical program requirements support with other functional areas (e.g., training, operations, procurement, and financial management).
- Coordinates actions between communications-electronics command (CECOM), US Army Materiel Command (AMC), and other government agencies as required.
- Track and report Purchase Requests in coordination with the COR and Budget Analyst.
- Track and report the status of shipments of approved Purchase Requests.
- Assist the Government Logistics Specialist with the management of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Contractor Managed Equipment (CME).
- Track and report text book and other training material purchase requests, certification voucher purchase requests, and equipment purchases.
- Track of high dollar value items (over $500) for proper accountability
- Ensure all property is received and documented to the PBO.
- Act as a liaison between the vendor and the government Logistics Specialist
- Bachelors Degree and 4 or more years of directly related experience. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Experience with government logistics processes
- Experience with Global Combat Support Systems(GCSS-Army)
- Experience with Property Book
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment, under stress and within time constraints