Logistics Engineer II (Logistics / Transportation / Network Design) - Remote Opportunity
Logistics Engineer II (Logistics / Transportation / Network Design) - Remote Opportunity (Job Number: 2213112 )
Logistics Engineer II - Remote Opportunity ( Logistics / Transportation / Network Design)
A Penske Logistics Engineer II is responsible for participating in logistics analysis and engineering work involving all aspects of transportation / supply chain. They solve problems presented to them to support customers, development activities or request for proposals by designing, developing, analyzing or implementing comprehensive transportation / supply chain solutions. They collect data, perform transportation / supply chain optimization, routing, statistical and mapping analysis, design customized solutions and work on a team that is developing or implementing the processes and service solutions for the customer. Might implement and design customized solutions, use engineering tools for modeling or utilize the tools or solutions for implementation. They use methods or tools under the guidance of their manager to create models, tools or processes that will be used by Analysts and Operations daily. They are participant in location startups, process improvement teams and cost saving initiatives.
- Designs, implements or analyzes one customer solution at a time with supervision as assigned
- Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned goals
- Participates in cross-functional groups to create the expected customer outcomes
- Interacts with internal and external customers on an as needed basis
- Supports the preparation of results into proposal documents or other engineering reports and presentations for customers and management
- Helps ensure a solution will meet financial goals and provide cost savings
- Meets customer deadlines by providing required designs and analysis
- Develops an understanding of the customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met
- Understands what the customer does, what their business model is and what their expectations are
- Able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate computer skills in supply chain network modeling design tools (BlueYonder or Llamasoft) preferred
- Ability to analyze data and conduct extensive research required
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2 to 5 years comparable experience designing, developing, implementing and executing supply chain solutions in transportation minimum
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management Science or other quantitative discipline required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts required
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal, and with internal and external customers required
- Willingness to travel as necessary
- Excellent analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Developing presentation skills
- Must demonstrate aptitude for developing written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, particularly when problems arise that may affect solution outcome and/or project schedule.
- Customer orientation
- Team player
- Must be able to work somewhat independently and concurrently on a range of unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work, all with some supervision or direction
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations :3000 Auburn Dr 3000 Auburn Dr
Beachwood, OH 44122
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Beachwood
Job : Engineering
Req ID: 2213112