Logistics Transportation Specialist (Clinical Supply) – Hiring Our Heroes ( MERCUSP-100551en_US)
This posting is intended for the Hiring Our Heroes, Corporate Fellowship Program. Only those US active military members registered with Hiring Our Heroes should apply.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Our Global Clinical Supply Operations teams are the people the development of innovative products and services that save and improve lives around the world. These products make a difference in the lives of people globally through our innovative medicines, vaccines and animal health products. We are committed to being the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company and provide leading innovations and solutions for today and the future.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are looking to build or expand your career in Logistics. You will be given the opportunity to challenge and grow your talents through exposure to supply chain challenges and development of interpersonal and leadership skills to overcome difficult situations and solve technical problems.
Your Fellowship Project
The intent of the fellowship is to partner with team members to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of Logistics Planning Transportation Management to drive analytics from multi data sources into a platform to provide visibility End-2-End visibility within the Global Clinical Supply (GCS) Organization. Creating processes to enhance fragmented data with no real time visibility to location, Temperature, and security during transportation. Added analytic capabilities to:
• Mitigate transportation risks with proactive notifications
• Provide data refresh for planning
• Performance Data for internal and external vendor discussions
• Carrier Charge information (duties & taxes) vs contractual rate cards
The preferred candidate would use their experience to for the design of a platform for SAP Deliveries into a cloud-based system collaborating with existing approved Manufacturing Vendor.
Benefits of Fellowship
· Mentoring & networking opportunities within and beyond our Global Clinical Supply division
· Exposure to Master Planning, Analytics & supply leaders
· Opportunity to hone project management skills
· Utilize and expand Continuous Improvement skills
Experience/Skills We are Looking for:
· Effective communication abilities, including written, verbal, and interpersonal
· Collaboration, project management and organizational skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
· Work experience in a results-driven environment
· Strategic/critical thinking
· Data Analytics capabilities
· Exposure to transportation capabilities
· Experience working on cross-functional teams
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· SAP Knowledge preferred
Primary Work Site/Schedule
· Hybrid / Virtual; (Preferred Location: Rahway, NJ or West Point, PA) / Monday-Thursday (7:00am – 4:00pm EST)
· The Fellowship maybe completed 100% remote but relocation maybe required for fulltime roles