Armed Transportation Officer ($30.45/hr.)plus a $2,000 Sign On Bonus)
Work Where it Matters
AGS, an Akima company, is not just another federal security solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AGS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AGS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AGS delivers the people, equipment, and processes that safeguard federal buildings, military bases, and detention centers while supporting customers’ complex missions.
As an AGS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Hourly Rate: $30.45
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
AGS is looking for a Transporation Security Officer to work in Florence, AZ. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Ensures the safety and security of detainees in custody, acting in accordance with the highest ethical standards at all times, and ensuring a spirit of fairness and integrity in the on-going execution of their duties.
- Performs duties related to the detention, processing, safeguarding, security, escort and transport of detainees as required by the contract.
- Exercises surveillance and control over detainees and maintains order and discipline.
- Makes official entries in the transportation and processing logbooks that are legible and complete.
- Conducts a security and sanitation check of the area prior to relieving the outgoing officer.
- Performs complete vehicle inspections prior to and following every transportation route.
- Inventory all equipment and notate the results in the logbook.
- Receives all authorized equipment and ensure that it is in proper working condition.
- You are required to duty carry one of the authorized intermediate weapons.
- Intermediate weapons should be used in accordance with Service approved Use of Force policy.
- Ensures that your communication radio is in good working order with a fully charged battery.
- Inspects, maintains, and cares for authorized equipment including but not limited to:
* Qualify quarterly with a company issued semi-automatic pistol with appropriate duty belt and magazines.
* Successfully complete all assigned training including defensive tactics and course requiring a minimum physical stamina.
* Guards detainees at during transport, while receiving medical care and other duties as assigned.
* Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
* Follows company-wide safety policies and practices and adheres to responsibilities concerning safety prevention, reporting and monitoring as outlined in the Officer Handbook and other Company Safety Policies.
- US citizen or a person lawfully admitted into the United States for permanent residence and have resided in the U.S. for the last five years.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Pass a criminal background and consumer credit check (no criminal record).
- Obtain and maintain a DHS/ICE Government clearance.
- Armed Transportation Officers are required to have and maintain a commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement to provide detainee transportation, medical escorts, and stationary on call guard services.
- Pass all pre-employment and random drug tests.
- Pass a medical examination and meet health requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Possess a valid state CDL with passenger endorsement.
- Ability to obtain an armed state security guard license from the state of Arizona.
- One year of Military, Security, Law Enforcement, or Corrections experience demonstrating the following:
- Ability to greet and deal tactfully and professionally with the general public.
- Capability of following and interpreting/understanding written and verbal orders, policies and regulations, printed rules and regulations, detailed written orders, training instructions and materials, and are able to compose written and oral reports.
- Ability to exercise good judgment: courage, alertness, an even temperament, and render satisfactory performance through his/her responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain poise and self-control during potential emergencies and unexpected situations that may involve mental and physical stress such as disturbances, altercations, fires, and building evacuations.
- Maintain current/physical residency in the continental United States.
- Strictly maintain physical fitness standards CDL requirements.
- Transportation Officers Armed.
- Transportation Officers are responsible for safely transporting detainees to and from authorized locations or to augment staff as required.
- Requalify with weapon quarterly.
- Complete all training, basic and annual refresher, maintain an appropriate level of fitness and continually meet all job requirements throughout the contract life span.
- Speak, read, write, and understand English.
- Concisely and accurately prepare and write narratives of incidents and other written reports.
- Pass and maintain required medical and physical testing requirements and standards.
- Exercise judgment and use discretion in dealing with first response to any and all situations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in methods and techniques of securing and controlling detainees by following required training, policy and procedure.
- Maintain physical fitness standards and proficiency with firearms issued and other special equipment.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance, calm demeanor, and discretion with confidential information.
- Possess a high degree of integrity, accountability and adhere to the DHS ICE National Detention Standards.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people, including people of different cultures, with different values and lifestyles; with a cross cultural perspective.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AGS01459