(PTL Canada) Diesel Truck Technician/Mechanic II (3rd-5th Year Apprentice Program)
(PTL Canada) Diesel Truck Technician/Mechanic II (3rd-5th Year Apprentice Program) (Job Number: 2213082 )
EXPERIENCED TRUCK MECHANIC’S APPRENTICE LOOKING FOR A BETTER OPPORTUNITY? Penske is the right Company to enhance your current skillset and provide you with the support you need to succeed!!
We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career. If you have truck mechanic experience and are Dynamic, Motivated and Ready to live a unique opportunity, WE WANT YOU!
A Penske Technician II will generally assist in the overhaul of major components or remove/replace major components at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following without supervision: clutches, PTO systems, electric systems, hydraulic/air brake systems, heating/air conditioning systems, instruments and gauges, and preventative maintenance service.
We Offer You:
- Modern and clean work environment
- Industry leading technology and tools
- Competitive salary
- Attractive shift premiums
- New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
- RRSP program with company match
- Affordable health & dental benefit package
- Free uniforms and laundry service
- Tool and boots allowance
- Vacation time 11 paid statutory holidays paid sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Comprehensive technical and professional training
- Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
- Partner’s discounts
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of – with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends, electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, steering systems, electronics to include ECM’s, ECU’s, sensors etc., engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., brake systems including ABS, suspension systems (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for “trade-ins” and prepare new equipment for delivery.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- Must be currently enrolled in an apprentice program
- Must maintain membership/registration with respective Government Agencies
- Will consider candidates with a 310S license or automotive background
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Current driver's license class G or class 5 and the ability to obtain class DZ it within 6 months of been hired required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference check.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Vehicle Repair, Automotive Repair, Automotive Technician, Truck Repair, Skilled Trades, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Fabricator, Fabrication, Mechanic, Welder, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic
Work Locations :10020 56 Ave 10020 56 Ave
Edmonton, ABT6E 5L7
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Technician
Req ID: 2213082