Truck Driver medium
Purpose and Scope:
This position is responsible for transporting materials for the customer throughout HAFB using a medium truck, light truck and/or forklift in support of daily operations. Drives gas or diesel powered trucks. Requires an understanding of transporting, receiving and warehousing materials. In addition the incumbent is required to transport/route materials to designated end user or storage locations; verify materials against shipping/receiving documents, note and report discrepancies or obvious damage; marking material with identifying information, store, stack and palletize materials. This position will also require various duties in the warehouse. The incumbent may be asked to work a day, swing and/or rotating shift, which may include weekends and holidays, however. Performs all other duties as assigned or requiredVehicles typically weigh less than 1 ½ tons. Transports HAZMAT as necessary in performance of depot mission.
1) Drives trucks up to 14,000 lbs to destination for pick up and delivery based on instructions or directions received and by using maps.
2) Monitors vehicle during operation and reports maintenance/repair requirements to Dispatcher.
3) Secures loads being transported to ensure safe and undamaged arrival at destination.
4) Reports and receives direction via radio or cellular phone.
5) Assists in loading and unloading of material transported.
6) Perform daily preventive maintenance adjustments to truck.
7) Communicates with Operations Manager and Unit Lead on a daily basis.
8) Drives vehicles both on/off government installatins and light/heavy traffic conditions.
9) Receives daily work assignments from Dispatcher.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma(GED)
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must have a minium of eighteen months of experience in material handling, supply, distribution, inspection, transportation, or related processess.
- Must be able to use the DSS and automated distribution systems used at DLA.
- Must be able to follow requirements of MIL-STD and DLA manuals or other directives as required.
- Must be licensed and experienced in the use of MHE.