Truck Driver – Military Veteran Apprentice Class A - Home Daily
Truck Driver – Military Veteran Apprentice Class A - Home Daily (Job Number: 2305241 )
Ready for a new mission with the same values? If you’re a veteran and just earned your CDL with less than 12 months experience, put your new truck-driving skills to work as a Military Apprentice Truck Driver for Penske. As a driver apprentice, you’ll learn critical skills to build your career while you work and receive all the great pay and benefits of a full-time job. Penske offers on-the-job training to hone your existing skills as a Class A licensed driver. Join a team of proud, professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll work for a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment an outstanding safety record, and thrives with structure and a strong work ethic based on professionalism, respect, and teamwork. We pay every Friday, and for this driving position, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Your next mission starts here. Come drive for Penske!
We have an exciting opportunity at one of our dedicated locations in Clyde, OH:
- $74000 Annually
- $5500 Retention Bonus
- $3800 Annual Safety Bonus
- Local, home daily
- No Touch Freight
- Full-Time, Part-Time, and Casual Work Available
- Delivering products to locations
- Move trailers in and out of dock as directed by management
- Couple and uncouple trailers
- Chocking trailers as they are spotted for loading and unloading and pulling from doors
- No touch freight
- Home Daily
- 5-day work week
- Consistent schedule
- AM and PM dispatch available
- Why Penske is for You:
- Outstanding company safety record
- Premier Driver Recognition Program
- Home daily for most positions
- Competitive starting salary
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
- Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
- Dedicated accounts
- Lots of training opportunities
Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy, and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
- Military Veteran or Active Reserve & Guard
- CDL Class A
- No commercial driving experience required
- 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
- Excellent customer service skills
- Focused on safety
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. We work together to ensure the customer is satisfied and the highest level of safety is reached. That’s true for the nearly 5,000 drivers driving for Penske across the country.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. We have operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, and we provide supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world, including Ford, GM, BMW, Whirlpool and more. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Want to learn more? Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com.
Work Locations :2509 Marion-Williamsport Rd West 2509 Marion-Williamsport Rd West
Marion, OH 43302
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Marion
Job : Driver
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Driver
Req ID: 2305241