Truck Driver – Military Apprentice - Penske Logistics
What’s the Job?
Ready for a new mission with the same values? If you’re a veteran who has recently separated from the military in the past 12 months and earned your CDL, put your new truck-driving skills to work as a Military Apprentice Truck Driver for Penske. Put your truck-driving skills to work as a Military Apprentice Truck Driver for Penske. As a Driver Apprentice, you’ll learn critical skills to build your career while you work and receive all the great pay and benefits of a full-time job. Penske offers on-the-job training to hone your existing skills as a Class A licensed driver. Join a team of proud, professional truck drivers committed to delivering products safely and on time for some of the world’s biggest brands. (Yes, we’re more than just the yellow trucks.)
You’ll work for a stable, nationwide company that is known for having the best equipment and outstanding safety record, and one that thrives with structure and a strong work ethic based on professionalism, respect and teamwork. We pay every Friday, and for most of our driving positions, you’re home daily. Yes, daily.
Your next mission starts here. Come drive for Penske.
• Progressive training program with a dedicated mentor (you’re new battle buddy)
• Route/activity: Truck drivers are responsible for picking up product and/or delivering product to customers.
• Shift: Home Daily - 5 day work week AM or PM start.
• Equipment: Late model, Penske Truck Leasing trucks with best-in-class specs designed for comfort.
• Compensation: $1,000.00 per week to start.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
• Separated from the military in the last 12 months
• CDL Class A acquired in the last 12 months
• No commercial driving experience required
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or accidents
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Job Category: Driver
Job Family: Drivers
Address: 8751 Gas House Pike
Primary Location: US-MD-Frederick
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2401451