Class A CDL - Van Truckload Driver Instructor
Home time: Daily
Experience: 12 months or greater CDL experience
Job ID: 232651
- Be accountable for coaching, mentoring and on-boarding new driver associates while they are in training.
- Be responsible for teaching and evaluating the skills needed to be successful driver associates.
- Perform hands-on training both in the classroom and in the truck.
- Cover critical components of training, including safety, hours of service, trip-planning, workflow, tablet, policies and procedures.
- Act as a safety advocate and driver retention ambassador for the organization.
- Prepare new drivers for a safe and rewarding career with Schneider.
- Demonstrate and teach driving skills and techniques that align with Schneider Training Academy guidelines and training materials.
- Facilitate on the job, in-truck training on the electronic tablet and Schneider’s workflow system.
- Recognize and correct unsafe driving habits.
- Provide verbal and written feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Evaluate and provide updates on candidates who are not meeting expected levels of ability within set timelines.
- Complete annual Schneider instructor re-certification process and continually meet DOT requirements.
- Utilize and assign electronic computer-based training to driver students.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and the scope of the job may change based on business demands, which could include hauling freight as needed.
- Exhibit professional behavior that aligns with Schneider values and standards.
Pay and bonus potential
- Competitive starting annual salary (range only listed as per state requirements, ex: CA).
- Bi-monthly paychecks.
- Annual profit-sharing bonuses available.
- Paid vacation time available immediately after starting.
*Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
- Previous instructor/training experience preferred.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively in a team environment.
- Can demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and the ability and willingness to accept change.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate and train Schneider’s company policies and procedures.
- Experience with Word, Excel and other computer-based systems is a plus.
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- DOT physical card.
- Minimum 24 months of Class A driving experience.
- Follow and have a knowledge of company policies.
- Ability to coach and mentor effectively.
- Live within 50 miles of Gary, IN.
Still need more experience or have questions about qualifications? Call us at [Register to View] , and we can talk you through everything.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
More reasons to choose Schneider
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety first and always, integrity in every action, respect for all and excellence in all we do.
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses.
Hear more about this role from our Driver Instructors
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus