Mechanic Apprentice (Locomotive) - Mason City, IA (87044)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: Operations
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Compensation Rate: [[compensation]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Inspect, service, and maintain diesel locomotives in accordance with governmental and company regulations.
Diagnose diesel engine malfunctions and make indicated repairs using hand tools, measuring instruments and sometimes machine tools;
Inspect, maintain, and repair locomotives, including air brakes, diesel engines, and air compressors;
Perform air brake tests;
Operate welding equipment to cut or make necessary repairs;
Other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical experience on diesel engines;
- Must understand and apply mechanical principles, make judgments regarding defects for repairs and replacements;
- Must exercise good hand and eye coordination, oral communications and understand printed/written information;
- Subject to work various shifts if needed;
- Subject to work over time if needed.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
Employer funded Retirement plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies program
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
Criminal history check
Last 3 years of driving history
Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.