Diesel Technician/Mechanic - Part-Time
Diesel Technician/Mechanic - Part-Time (Job Number: 2217930 )
If you are interested in a Part-Time Diesel technician position, please apply to this opening to be contacted for future openings in your area. These part-time positions are planned to help supplement the existing staff we currently have in our locations during times of increased workload.
This is a great opportunity for individuals with preventative maintenance experience on diesel trucks looking for supplemental income or a great entry level position to those who are enrolled in diesel program at a technical school. These positions will primarily be late afternoon/evening shifts and require availability between 15-25 hours a week. The primary responsibilities will be to provide preventative maintenance services, minor component repair or replacement and assist other Penske technicians with the removal, replacement, and repair of major components.
This position is located at a Penske facility at 255 Riverfront Drive in Reading, PA.
- Remove, replace or adjust the following without supervision: Brakes (air and hydraulic), Fifth wheel, Minor electrical repairs, Cab components and accessories, Minor trailer maintenance such as doors, wheel seals etc
- Perform all aspects of preventive maintenance on vehicles as trained
- Perform other mechanical repairs and replacements as directed by Technician I, II, Lead Technician or Supervisor as part of overall training
- All customer service duties as necessary
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Use shop tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 1-2 year of practical experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification, or current enrollment, preferred
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Willingness to work in non-climate controlled environments are required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :255 Riverfront Dr. 255 Riverfront Dr.Penske Plaza
Reading, PA 19602
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Technician
Req ID: 2217930