Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Perform installation, general servicing modifications, maintenance and repairs necessary to keep shop machinery, machine tools, tools, stationary equipment, non-self-propelled mobile equipment, overhead cranes, exhaust and vacuum systems, material moving systems, pumps, hydraulics, motors and other plant equipment in efficient operating condition
- Diagnose the cause of malfunctioning machines and other plant equipment and making necessary adjustments, repairs and as necessary making parts incidental to the work;
- Work with blueprints, schematic drawings, service manual and other like information;
- Adapt to new methods, processes, material and equipment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Equivalence Diploma;
- Millwright or Industrial Electrical experience is considered an asset;
- Preference will be given to those with PLC troubleshooting experience;
- Strong problem solving and computer skills;
- Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete job;
- Will be required to have obtain all CP certification pertaining to specific tasks and assignments;
- CP operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; must be able to work on various shifts and on weekends.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
- Driver's License Verification
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").