Diesel Technician/Mechanic - Mobile Refrigeration (Thermo-King/Carrier)
A Penske Refrigeration Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit maintenance equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
This position is full time, 40 hours a week.
• Perform all levels of maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit such as Carrier and/or Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
• Be able to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment
• Read complex schematics associated with the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
• Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Provide additional support regarding preventative maintenance and tractor trailer maintenance as required by location management
• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 6 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the overhaul of refrigeration components required
• ASE Certification preferred
• 608/609 certifications preferred
• Proficiency in the use of all necessary tools of trade required
• Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
• Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment is required
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. At each location, there’s a strong sense of teamwork. We’re all working together to move our customers forward. That’s true for the 11,000+ vehicle repair associates who are working at hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 100 Laurensfield CT
Primary Location: US-NC-Garner
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2311583