Diesel Technician/Mechanic II
What’s the Job?
Ready to move your career forward? As a Technician at Penske, you’ll do exactly that. Here, you’ll perform preventative maintenance and repairs of all levels on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
As a Technician II at Penske, you are a respected technician. You are trusted to work independently while doing major and minor repairs, performing road tests to diagnose problems and completing maintenance tasks. You set an example and informally mentor new technicians while continuing to grow your skills from learn from other experienced techs and your manager.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, your skills and experience are recognized. You’ll get to work on lots of different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Yes, we know you have technician experience under your belt, and we’ll leverage that. But we’ll also teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are continuing to get the training you need to advance in your career. You’ll be inspired and encouraged by the best in the industry. We take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are an experienced vehicle technician and are interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
• Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
• Doing preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment with little or no supervision and in a timely manner
• Repairing and troubleshooting components such as, engines, transmissions and differentials, turbochargers, fuel system components, etc.
• Keeping your work area clean and safe
• Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
• Learning new skills through Penske’s technician training
• Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
• Competitive starting salary
• Shift Premiums
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Strong, well-rounded training on a variety of OEM equipment (Penske’s Technician Certification Program is certified as a Continuing Automotive Service Education provider)
• Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
• Location and schedule flexibility
• 3 years of practical experience with vehicle maintenance required
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses, ASE Certification, and 608/609 certifications (preferred)
• Experienced using tools of the trade (including diagnostic equipment, hand tools, and power tools)
• Valid driver’s license required
• The ability to solve problems
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team
• Willing to work in non-climate-controlled conditions
• Basic computer skills
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers’ yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education) and pass a drug screening.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. At each location, there’s a strong sense of teamwork. We’re all working together to move our customers forward. That’s true for the 11,000+ vehicle repair associates who are working at hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, University of Northwest Ohio, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu, Apprentice
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 2403 Research Parkway
Primary Location: US-IA-Davenport
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2314513