Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Inspector (4ID Maint Aug) $5,800 in Bonuses Available!!!!
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
AFO is seeking a Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Inspector for 4ID Maintenance Augmentation mission for the Maintenance Department.
Upon hire, will receive a sign on bonus of $1,000 at 90 days on contract. Then, will receive up to an additional $4,800.00 upon completion of contract mission not to exceed 12 months. Employee must work the final day to receive contract completion bonus.
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds, and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors, and pneumatic tools. This worker operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles, and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency. May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment, and may repair, adjust, and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling, and cutting machines, and continuous mining machines.
- Performs acceptance, initial, in-progress, and final inspections on a variety of heavy and light equipment in support of the Maintenance mission.
- Performs a full range of inspections and some repairs on components consisting of subassemblies that include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Performs vehicle classifications and maintains reference library. Conducts ACODs, ECODs IAW AR 750-1, and 750-8.
- May be called upon to perform the full range of work involved in the repair, service, maintenance, and overhaul of any or all types of components.
- Determines the nature and extent of repairs required, disassembles, examines parts, components, and assemblies for serviceability, replaces parts and components as required, and reassembles the weapon or component to fully working order. May adjust, calibrate, and repair or modify mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems and assemblies.
- Assigned to work on equipment including but not limited to engines, transmissions, pumps etc. and their components.
- Will be required to use technical manuals, publications, and other written directives in the performance of required inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent with military or civilian training in heavy equipment maintenance.
- A minimum of two years related experience is required with inspecting vehicles.
Material & Equipment Directly Used :
- Hand tools, power tools, job related test equipment such as scanners and computers.
Working Environment/ Physical Activities:
- Work requires extensive standing, bending, stooping, and occasionally working in cramped and awkward positions. Frequently lifts 25 pounds alone and may occasionally assist in the lifting of items and objects weighing up to 75 pounds. Dirt, dust, and grease often present in the work area, as well as occasional exposure to hazardous materials such as fuel, oil, lubricants, and the like, which may mandate the wear of personal protective equipment.
Pay Rate: $31.05 per hour, plus applicable Health & Welfare fringe dollars as defined under the DOL's Wage Determination.
Benefits: The company offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and a range of other voluntary benefits.
Paid Leave: Vacation, holiday and Sick Leave offered will be as defined under the DOL's Wage Determination.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AFO00193