(PTL Canada) Mobile Diesel Mechanic - SAAQ Certified
1241 Boul Dagenais O, Laval, QC H7L 0A5
This diesel technician/mechanic position at Penske is focused on providing top service to our customers who have roadside assistance needs. This position will be responsible for being able to diagnose and repair all types of maintenance issues on the truck in all weather conditions in the safest manner on the side of the road.
Qualified candidates will have prior, demonstrated experience in tractor trailer repair and have proficiency in the use of all types of repair tools. Individuals must be willing to drive a Penske Road Assist vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
Schedule - 2 shifts open
Days - Monday to Friday - 7:00am to 3:30pm
Afternoons - Monday to Friday - 3:00pm to 11:30pm + $3 shift premium
Pay range: $28/hr to $35/hr + Mobile premium $2
• Respond timely to road assist calls and repair units by identifying and determining: 1) parts requiring replacement, and 2) warrantable repairs, documented appropriately.
• Perform diagnostics and non-road assist call repairs that can be dropped quickly, as needed.
• Restock rapid assist vehicle with tools, parts, tires, or anything else required to perform an effective road assist.
• Perform maintenance or repairs to road assist vehicle as required.
• When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop repairs as directed by supervisor.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 2 years practical tractor trailer maintenance experience with a Diesel Mechanic Diploma, required or 5 years practical experience as a diesel mechanic
• SAAQ certified inspector license an asset
• Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
• Driver’s license class 5 required, with ability to obtain a class 3 driver's license
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 1239 Boul Dagenais O
Primary Location: CA-QC-Laval
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Canada Inc.
Req ID: 2401119