Mechanical Engineering Technician- Keesler AFB
Work Where it Matters
Akima Intra-Data (AID), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics services provider. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AID, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AID provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AID delivers flexible, full-spectrum facilities, maintenance, and repair and logistics services that enable our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity, and enhance the value of their existing assets.
As an AID employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Works in Operations Engineering Department under general supervision of a degreed engineer to support cradle to grave asset management and life-cycle optimization of infrastructure systems (Structures, Roofs, Pavement, etc.).
- Manage requirements identification and prioritization for utility systems.
- Work with Operations to develop and implement a Preventative Maintenance program to analyze the condition of utility systems and predict failures.
- Work with base Energy Manager to optimize energy performance of building systems.
- Conduct infrastructure system assessments and maintain asset databases.
- Conduct root cause analysis of system failures and provide recommendations for system improvements.
- Analyze customer work requests to validate requirements, estimate workload/material costs and make design recommendations.
- Develop/update/manage Asset Management Portfolios (AMP) and sub-AMP(s) for potable water, mechanical distribution HVAC systems and others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 10 years’ relevant work experience in HVAC and/or Control Systems.
- Associates degree in engineering technology or vocational school equivalent.
- Certifications appropriate for level of experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Operate and use required tools and equipment skillfully and safely.
- Perform general and heavy physical activities that require use of arms and legs.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Clearance: Able to Obtain Secret
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00564