Signals & Communications Technician - Savanna, IL (85345)
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Compensation Rate: [[compensation]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- General responsibilities for this position involve the installation, maintenance and construction of Train Control Systems and Grade Crossing Warning Systems;
- May also supervise, instruct, or direct other employees who may be assisting the Electronic Technician in their work;
- Will work outdoors a majority of the time with exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity such as extreme heat, cold, ice, rain, snow;
- Facilitate repair and return of bad order circuit cards and components through equipment vendors;
- Use meters, scopes, and other various types of test equipment to diagnose equipment problems and failures;
- Use computers for diagnostics in troubleshooting electronic equipment, software burning, software uploading/downloading, downloading event logs, and other various functions;
- Test, inspect, and repair signal apparatus to meet requirements set forth by Canadian Pacific and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulatory requirements;
- Manage and document FRA test and inspection reports;
- Support Signal Maintainers, Signal Crews, and Signal Testmen in their duties and with technical issues;
- Acquire and apply knowledge of Grade Crossing Warning System equipment, i.e. HXP’s, GCP’s, PMD’s and Train Control Systems, i.e. VHLC’s, VPI’s, Electro logic’s, Microlok’s;
- Become familiar with Signal & Communication circuit drawings and standards;
- Make field checks and corrections to circuit drawings as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- Post-secondary education is preferred;
- Must possess or be willing to obtain within 6 months, FCC General Radio Telephone Operators License (GROL) or equivalent i.e. International Society of Certified Electronic Technicians (ISCET certification);
- Requires valid Driver’s License to operate company vehicle;
- Requires the ability to obtain a CDL;
- Ability to respond for emergent work past normal working hours;
- Ability to occasionally work at various heights (ladders, signal masts and structures).
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Completive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety critical/sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
Drug Test Elements:
All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Education verification
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
- Social Security number verification
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.