**$15,000 SIGNING BONUS** Signalman/Assistant Signalman - Kirkland, IL (83624)
NEW HIRE QUALIFIED S&C TECHNICIANS WILL RECEIVE A $15,000 SIGNING BONUS!! (Must commit to working for CP for 2 years or the signing bonus will be repayable). Current and previous Canadian Pacific employees are not eligible to receive the signing bonus.
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Location: [[filter3]] , [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Compensation Rate: [[compensation]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Assist in maintenance and construction of wayside signals and crossing signals normally in a mobile crew.
- Applicants desired to have background in outdoor related construction, having some experience with heavy equipment such as backhoe, trencher, truck driving, and have background experience in the electrical/electronic field;
- Required to travel;
- Must posses a valid drivers license;
- CDL license or ability to obtain;
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather;
- Due to the safety-sensitive nature of this position, you must not have had any drug or alcohol-related offenses within the past 2 years and no more than 1 within the past 5 years.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Completive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is a safety critical/sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessments. Qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Education verification
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
- Social Security number verification
CP is looking for a qualified Signalman. If individuals do not have prior Signalman experience then they would start as an Assistant Signalman and be trained into the Signalman position.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.