Driver, Route Service (12663)
Great company. Great people. Great opportunities.
Reliable Onsite Services, a division of United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company in the world, is offering an excellent opportunity for a portable sanitation Route Service Driver ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our company's tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for qualified and ambitious individuals to service portable restrooms and other sanitation equipment in a safe, timely, and courteous manner.
Responsibilities include, safely completing daily service routes in sequence as routed by dispatch personnel. Servicing, cleaning and stocking portable toilets, holding tanks, fresh water systems, hand wash stations and restroom-shower trailers as needed. Responsible for completing daily routes, while maintaining professional customer contact and open lines of communication with Dispatcher. Some weekend work may be required as business conditions dictate. May work independently with little or no supervision.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
* Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
* Safely operate a Route Service truck daily
* Vacuum pump, clean and sanitize portable restroom units on customer site
* Stock/replenish paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap and refill water holding tanks
* Repair portable restroom units onsite as necessary
* Provide onsite moves of equipment, and pick-up/delivery as requested
* Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicles, maintain truck logs
* Load and unload units
* Fuel vehicles and other equipment as necessary
* Frequent customer interaction, including recommendations for any additional services and supplies needed
* Excellent housekeeping of assigned vehicles and facility
* Maintain professional demeanor and appearance at all times
* Other duties as assigned
* Superior customer service, willing and able to provide this to each customer
* A valid driver's license and safe driving record
* High School Diploma or equivalency
* Diligent attention to safety
* Basic knowledge of the construction industry and safe driving procedures
* One (1) year of truck driving experience preferred (CDL license is preferred, but not required), DOT medical card must be obtained prior to commencing employment
* Industry experience is a plus, but not required. Training is provided on products, services, and driver qualifications and procedures.
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Positive attitude
* Ability to mount and dismount trucks multiple times daily
* Ability to frequently lift items up to 45 lbs
* Ability to drive day or night
* Work effectively in all weather conditions and customer work environments
* Other requirements as determined by customer protocol and procedure
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company, we believe that it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k) retirement with company match/RRSP; paid time off including sick, vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select provinces
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.