Class A CDL - Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker Truck Driver (141439149)
Enjoy some of the highest earning potential in the fleet as you travel the country hauling 2/3 non-hazardous loads as an Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver. Get six days off each month with a flexible time off program and become an elite driver through Schneider’s industry-leading paid Tanker training.
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver truck driver job overview
- $1,000 to $1,200* average weekly earnings.
- $73,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn $950 in weekly guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Accessorial pay.
- Home three days every other weekend, with flexibility.
- Drive mostly east of the Mississippi.
- Two-thirds non-hazardous liquid freight, with loading and unloading pay.
- $12,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $6,000 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
- Tanker endorsement required at time of hire.
- HazMat endorsement required after starting - Schneider's self-paced online certification training will help you secure it.
- TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) preferred - required to start process within 60 days of hire.
Need one or more of your endorsements, or unsure if you qualify? Call us at [Register to View] , and we can talk you through it.
Additional Over-the-Road (OTR) Tanker truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- Company-paid CDL training options: tuition reimbursement ($200-$400/month) or Company-Sponsored CDL Training program (up-front payment).
- HazMat endorsement reimbursed upon receipt.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more - see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Tanker
- HazMat endorsement - If you still need it, we'll help you pay for it.
- Safety first and always - Whatever bulk freight you haul, we'll make sure you're prepared to deliver it safely.
- 24/7/365 support - Operations, maintenance and facilities are always available, plus our HazMat hotline and connections to tank washes and customers.
- Position based out of Schneider's Houston Facility.
- Learn more about Tanker and Over-the-Road truck driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights - expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview - what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog - answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 12000