Class A CDL - Local Intermodal truck driver (142205620)
Average pay: $50,900-$62,200
Home time: Daily
Experience: All CDL holders
Get home daily and earn up to $65,000 per year* as a Local Intermodal truck driver. Enjoy hauling 95% no-touch freight containers — 60% drop-and-hook — in and out of the rail yards within Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
Charlotte Local Intermodal truck driver job overview
- $50,900 to $62,200* average annual earnings, with weekly paychecks.
- $65,000* top annual earning potential.
- Earn at least $900 weekly in guarantee pay during your first 120 days.
- Up to $0.20 per mile* plus up to $53 per load* with a weekly performance pay up to $6.00 per load.
- Home daily with shift options available.
- 10-20 loads per week within Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia.
- 95% no-touch Intermodal freight — 60% drop-and-hook — on company-owned Intermodal chassis.
- $3,600 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for experienced drivers.
- $1,200 limited-time sign-on bonus in 12 monthly payments for inexperienced drivers.
- *Based on CDL driver experience, performance and location
Charlotte Local Intermodal truck driver qualifications
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Live within 40 miles of Charlotte, NC.
- Tanker and HazMat endorsements required within 60 days of hire.
- Automated transmission CDL restriction allowed.
Additional Local Intermodal truck driver job benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending options.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match.
- Paid orientation and time off (plus holiday pay after a year).
- $200-$400/month tuition reimbursement (up to $7,000) for qualified drivers.
- Credit for Military Experience and Military Apprenticeship programs, plus more military benefits.
- Unlimited referral bonus potential.
- Leading equipment and technology specs designed for driver comfort.
- Many more — see full driver benefit package.
More reasons to choose Schneider Intermodal in Charlotte
- Less wasted time – 100% company-owned Intermodal chassis to reduce time at the rail yard and increase earning potential.
- New equipment – Nearly 100% automated transmissions in day cab and sleeper trucks averaging 3 years of age.
- Constant support – Onside, individual leaders and dispatch with low driver-to-leader ratios and 24/7/365 operation and maintenance support.
- Position based out of Schneider’s Charlotte Facility and customer locations.
- Learn more about Intermodal and Local driving.
Want even more information?
The best option is to apply, and we can customize our advice to your situation, but if you want to dig deep:
- Experienced or inexperienced driver insights – expectations at your career stage.
- Schneider company overview – what makes Schneider one of the top trucking companies.
- Slice of Orange blog – answers to top driver career questions.
Schneider uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Job Company Driver
Sign On Bonus 3600