Aetna Senior Underwriting Associate in Kansas City, Missouri
Req ID: 55394BR
Are youpassionate about making a difference in Healthcare? Do you want to be at theforefront of change? Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is ouropportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We aredeveloping solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired tomake a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna sunderwriting teams are looking for SeniorUnderwriting Associates who will support Aetna's ability to achieve itsfinancial and strategic goals through effective underwriting. Underwritingsupport primarily includes identifying, evaluating, and managing risk in orderto maximize revenue, membership and earnings.
#AetnaCareers #underwriting #WeJoinYou
· Performs underwriting analysis and riskassessment for new and/or renewal of large group contracts andaccountings.
· Prepares and delivers new business quotes and/orexisting business renewals and/or accountings.
· Applies underwriting guidelines and escalatesunderwriting exceptions/financial variances for their assigned cases to theappropriate level.
· Assists sales personnel in explaining rate/fee,accounting balance development and communicating underwriting policy
· Produces timely and accurate customer specificdocuments, deliverables and accounting related information.
· 1-3 years experience in underwriting/accountingconcepts, pricing methodologies and funding arrangements.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical andindependent thinking skills.
· Demonstrated success in collaborating withothers to meet/exceed expectations.
· Experience working with standard MicrosoftOffice product.
Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personalcharacteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select anddevelop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth,achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here toreview the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetnarecruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (SocialSecurity Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you viae-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will beconducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you beasked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Underwriting
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veterans status.