Merck Global Oncology Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics in Kenilworth, New Jersey
We are currently recruiting for a Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics within Oncology Global Marketing. The Global Marketing Director will lead strategies and marketing efforts within biomarker & diagnostics for our oncology portfolio. The Global Marketing Director will work across different indications, lines and markets and with all parts of our organization and our diagnostic and pharma partners.
The Global Marketing Director, Biomarker & Diagnostics is a key member of the Global Oncology Marketing Team responsible for development and implementation of both strategic and tactical marketing programs for biomarkers and diagnostics. The development of tumor specific diagnostic commercialization strategies is done in close collaboration with the Global Disease Leaders and Global Business Leaders in Human Health as well as Diagnostic Development Teams in Merck Research Labs (Research & Development). Responsibilities also include global scientific engagement of key scientific leaders relevant for guiding and enabling implementation, adoption and use of diagnostics. Engagement programs, Advisory Boards, Congresses/Symposia etc. are developed in close collaboration with the Medical Affairs team.
The position will require a solid understanding of the role of biomarkers & diagnostics in personalized medicine as well as established connections and relationships in the diagnostic space. Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization, hereunder with other functional areas and regional/local Diagnostic Leads will be essential. Proven ability to work with many areas of marketing management including strategy development, engagement programs, market research, segmentation, competitive dynamics, and issues management in a highly complex and dynamic environment is a must.
The candidate will need to have strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to understand and manage key levers that drive growth and profitability.
The position will be based in Kenilworth, NJ or Lucerne, Switzerland and will report to the Diagnostic Product Lead, Global Commercial Biomarker & Diagnostic Strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Work effectively with cross-functional partners including Merck Research Labs (MRL), Medical Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, Alliance Management, Communications, Business Development, Legal, market analytics, CORE, international & domestic operations, diagnostic and pharma partner companies etc. to successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers
· Provide commercial leadership on activities including short- & long-range business strategy & planning, portfolio valuations, development of diagnostic indication strategy & messaging, operating budget & forecasting, global reimbursement strategic plan, launch readiness reviews, customer interactions, market research, BD&L activities, and partner management
· Provide commercial leadership, support and expertise to Diagnostic Development Teams, Joint Commercialization Committees, regional and country marketing & sales organizations
· Required: Bachelors
· Preferred: MSc and MBA or PhD
· Minimum of 5 years of industry experience (pharmaceutical and diagnostics) is required, including at least 2 years of pharmaceutical experience and at least 2 years of biomarker/diagnostics experience
· Oncology Marketing experience
· Pharmaceutical & Diagnostics marketing experience
· Diagnostic Product Launch experience
· Significant & demonstrated commercial leadership in marketplace assessment, development of product strategy, short- & long-range business planning, global market access & reimbursement
· Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills
· Collaboration with business partners, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
· 25% Travel, including some weekends
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Requisition ID: R10739
- Merck Jobs