Occidental Petroleum Commissioning Foreman- Gas Gathering Systems/E&I/PSM Kermit South (WES) in Kermit, Texas
Title: Commissioning Foreman- Gas Gathering Systems/E&I/PSM Kermit South (WES) Location: United States-Texas-Kermit Other Locations:
This position is in the Delaware Basin Region as a member of the Commissioning Team in our Kermit, TX location.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
• Work with operations foreman and engineering to develop commissioning plans.
• Follow instrumentation calibration best practices.
• Supervise and assist operations foreman with facility startups.
• Manage all facilities PSSR’s.
• Monitor spending.
• Physically install equipment and instrumentation for automated control.
• Work closely with the Midstream Engineer on projects and day to day operational matters.
• Communicate with all stakeholders openly and honestly.
• Work closely with foreman to insure a smooth transition over to operations.
• Manage contractors
• Provide stakeholders with commissioning and production reports as required.
• Monitor metering and associated equipment including communication/automation utilizing Cygnet.
• Work with regulatory staff.
• Develop synergies and shared responsibilities.
• Supervise contract crews as required.
• Report any and all spills/drips or safety hazards.
• Train others associated with job duties.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience is required.
• The ideal candidate for this position should possess three (3) years’ experience with electrical and instrumentation operations and testing as well as three (3) years’ experience working in Cryogenic Plants, Amine Plants and/or oil handling facilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical principles
• Ability to perform construction tasks.
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations is required
• Previous leadership experience required
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
High School diploma or GED Required, with a preference for Associates degree, Trade school or applicable professional certification.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle is required.
Licensed electrician preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 50% .
This would be a 40 hour per week or 9/80 schedule and must live in 75 miles of Kermit, TX
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status