Occidental Petroleum Corrosion Tech II– Gas Gathering Systems/E&I/PSM Kermit South (WES) in Kermit, Texas
Title: Corrosion Tech II– Gas Gathering Systems/E&I/PSM Kermit South (WES) Location: United States-Texas-Kermit Other Locations:
This position is located in the West Texas Region as a member of the Gas Gathering Systems South Operations team in Kermit, TX working for the Midstream Operation.
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations
• Protect field gathering and process facilities from electrolytic and biological corrosion within an assigned area
• Assist with preparation and execute of surface potential and pipe-to-soil surveys
• Assist with executing procedures for administering soil resistivity test
• Assist with preparation and installation of electrical equipment associated with corrosion prevention and cathodic equipment
• Record internal corrosion and inhibitor feed rates
• Weigh and calculate corrosion rates from coupons
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• One year of experience in diagnosing and preventing electrolytic and biological corrosion of oil and gas field gathering and processing equipment required
• This position requires basic computer skills to include Word and Excel
• Additional requirements are knowledge of power line distribution systems and electrical safety codes.
High school diploma or equivalent
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for domestic relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 - 10%
This position is on a 40 hour / week schedule Monday - Friday with a weekend rotation. This position covers 24-hour operations and must be available for 24/7 on call.
Candidate must live within 50 miles of Kermit, TX.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status