Occidental Petroleum Mechanic II– Gas Gathering Systems/E&I/PSM Kermit South (WES) in Kermit, Texas
Title: Mechanic II– Gas Gathering Systems/E&I/PSM Kermit South (WES) Location: United States-Texas-Kermit Other Locations:
This position is located in the West Texas Region as a member of the Gas Gathering Systems South Operations team in Kermit, TX working for the Midstream Operation
• Adhere to and enforce all applicable company, state and federal safety and environmental rules and regulations in assigned areas.
• Maintain gas plant and field equipment including gas engines, compressors, pumps, motors, pneumatic tools and production machines, compressors, dryers, coolers, generators, gas regulators, pumps, turbines, etc.
• Routinely create and/or complete electronic work orders utilizing the maintenance computer software tool.
• Read and understand maintenance/operations manuals for equipment specifications parts and procedures to make proper and timely repairs.
• Overhaul natural gas compressors and engines.
• Organize and maintain equipment records with preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
• Monitor, maintain and operate safety and fire protection systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair natural gas equipment, electronic panels and air/fuel ratio controllers.
• Work irregular hours around heavy equipment and in variable environmental conditions.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices.
• Respond to call out requests as needed for maintenance, relief and emergency situations.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Two - Five (2-5) years of experience in oil and gas production facilities is required.
• Knowledge in maintenance and operation of gas engines and compressors.
• Knowledge working with gas plant processing equipment, aerial coolers and various pumps.
• Experience in the use of computers and a basic knowledge of Word and Excel is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Grade and salary will be commensurate with relevant education and experience.
Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0 – 10%.
This position is on a shift schedule and the candidate may be required to work overtime, weekends, on call, and holidays.
Candidate must live within 50 miles of Kermit, TX.