Hilton Assistant Director of Catering, Complex- Casa Marina and The Reach Resort in Key West, Florida
Our guests enjoy luxury resort recreation and relaxation at the legendary Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Key West. Nestled along the southern edge of the island – overlooking more than 1,100 feet of beach reserved exclusively for hotel guests – our Key West accommodations provide an elegant yet refreshingly simple hideaway for travelers. Listed in the National Register for Historic Places, this landmark Key West resort has attracted generations of business tycoons, artists, and dignitaries for nearly a century.
Discover oceanfront Key West accommodations that infuse classic luxury and warmth with contemporary flair. Our guests delight in 311 non-smoking rooms and suites designed for relaxing and unplugging in timeless style.
Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is a state-of-the-art facility for corporate events. We have meeting and conference space in our unrivaled Key West locale, offering more than 22,600 square feet of flexible event space.
The Assistant Director of Catering for the Casa Marina and Reach Resort properties will be responsible for responding to companies and organizations to purchase food & beverage, rent meeting space and ancillary services from the hotel. Represents the hotel with customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. Manages customer relationship by responding to inquiries, meeting with and entertaining clients, conducting property tours, promoting facilities and services, drafting contracts. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering staff.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Catering, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manages customer relationship through drafting proposals and contracts, responding to customer inquiries, as well as organizing arrangements as they relate to social and corporate events ie: set-up and execution of social and corporate meetings, meals and special events. Provides direction and supervision of meeting and/or catering logistics to catering and event services managers and other departments and team members responsible for event execution
- Represents the hotel and conducts conferences with individual customers by telephone or in-person to solicit and close group and local catering business. Meets with and entertains customers, conducts property tours and promotes facilities and services and within parameters, has discretion to negotiate contracts with customers and commission agreements with vendors
- Provides support to Director of Catering in planning and on site execution of large events
- Assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space
- Directly assists customers as necessary, which may require moving of up to 20lbs
- Audits customer checks and department charges and files to ensure accuracy
- Supervises staff in creation and distribution of accurate written materials
- Ensures that contracts, menus, letters and reports are completed according to Hilton standards and policies
- Re-book functions and follow-up with customers by sending a thank you
- Compiles Food and Beverage post event report
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Director Catering serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Assistant Director of Catering, Complex- Casa Marina and The Reach Resort
Requisition ID: HOT050Z6